Boiled eggs are an ingredient which people like to have available at all times because of how versatile they are. Whether you eat them for breakfast, lunch, snack or dinner, they’re a quick way to get in some protein. Eaten as is, in sandwiches, on top of salads or in curries, the possibilities are endless.
One thing most people dread about boiling eggs is standing over the stove and timing them to cook perfectly. This Instant Pot version gives you the perfect boiled egg to enjoy as you please, without all the worries!
- 4-6 raw eggs
- 1 cup water
- Large bowl filled with ice and water
- Place the stand in the Instant Pot with the legs folded under
- Place the eggs on the stand
- Pour water over the eggs
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot and turn to lock
- Turn vent on lid to CLOSE VENT
- Turn on Instant Pot to MANUAL mode
- Set to HIGH PRESSURE
- Set timer to 4 minutes (for soft boiled eggs-yolk will be soft) or 6 minutes (for hard boiled eggs)
- Once the timer goes off, allow the Instant Pot to sit for at least 2 minutes
- During this time, fill a bowl large enough to hold the eggs with ice and water
- Manually release the steam by opening the vent.
- BE CAREFUL OF THE HOT STEAM
- The silver prong will drop down once the steam is fully released.
- Open the lid and carefully remove the eggs using tongs or another utensil
- Place eggs in the ice water and allow to sit for 5 minutes
- You will be able to peel the eggs easily at this point
Store eggs in the refrigerator if not using immediately.