Whether it be for game day, tv watching, a get together or just snacking, boiled peanuts make a great addition to your snack spread. Boiled peanuts have been a big part of Southern culture in the United States. Surprisingly, people in India fancy this snack as much as Southerners do! Thanks to the Instant Pot, we won’t be waiting around for hours to achieve the perfectly boiled and seasoned peanut.
- Keep the Instant Pot turned off
- Place all of the raw peanuts into the inner steel liner of the Instant Pot
- Pour water over the peanuts until they are completely covered
- Add in the salt and seasoning
- Mix well until all of the seasoning is incorporated into the water
- Place the plate/dish upside down on top of the peanuts to keep them submerged
- Close and lock the lid on the Instant Pot
- Turn the vent to sealing to prevent steam from escaping
- Press MANUAL on the Instant Pot (high pressure)
- Set timer to 75 minutes
- Once the timer goes off, allow the steam to release naturally for at least 15 minutes
- After, 15 minutes, turn the vent on top of the lid to venting to release the steam (QR)
- BE CAREFUL OF THE HOT STEAM & LIQUID
- Press CANCEL on the Instant Pot
- Carefully open the lid
- Using oven mitts, remove the plate/dish on top of the peanuts
- Using a slotted spoon, take out the peanuts into a serving bowl
You can use any mix of spices to flavor your peanuts: cajun, Old Bay, lemon pepper, cayenne, etc
Use a spice/seasoning mix which is gluten free.
NO ONION/NO GARLIC VARIATION
Use a spice/seasoning mix which has no onion or garlic in it.