Now that you’ve cooked delicious meals in your Instant Pot, you’re stuck with a smelly sealing ring or residue stuck to the bottom of your liner. Have no fear, we’re here to teach you some tips and tricks on how to keep your Instant Pot clean and sparkling!
Large bowl or pot to hold sealing ring
- Cleaning the Inner Liner/Pot after daily use:
You can rinse the pot and place it in the dishwasher.
You can hand wash the pot with warm water and soap.
- Removing hard water stains/stuck food particles:
- Sprinkle the Bar Keeper’s Friend powder or liquid into the pot
- Using a soft sponge with water on it, gently scrub the inner pot
- Rinse well and allow the pot to air dry or towel dry for immediate use
- Deodorizing the sealing ring:
- Pull out the sealing ring from the Instant Pot
- Add 1 cup water and 1 cup vinegar into a large bowl
- Submerge the sealing ring into the vinegar solution-add more vinegar/water if it is not submerged
- Let the ring sit in the vinegar solution overnight
- The next day, wash the ring with warm soapy water
- Rinse well and allow to air dry
*We prefer to have multiple sealing rings to swap out between cooking sweet and savory dishes in our IP.
- Cleaning the Instant Pot lid
- Remove the sealing ring and wash the lid with warm soapy water and a soft sponge. Allow to air dry.
- The Instant Pot company recommends that you do NOT to put the lid in the dishwasher