This recipe is our favorite type of Instant Pot recipe: the dump and go! Thanks to Maya Kaimal sauces, we found ourselves with an endless array of simmer sauce to use with meats, vegetables and lentils! We chose the Goan Coconut curry sauce and paired it with fresh shrimp to make a mouthwatering dish that we just couldn’t stop eating! We think you all will love Maya Kaimal sauces, snacks and condiments as much as we did! You can find out more about them here: http://www.mayakaimal.com/ as well as buy their products on Amazon. The best part, a large variety of their products are vegan and gluten free.
- Keep the Instant Pot turned off
- Add the jar of the Goan simmer sauce into the steel pot
- Add the bell peppers
- Add the shrimp
- Mix well to coat the shrimp in the sauce
- Close and lock the lid on the Instant Pot
- Turn the vent to sealing to prevent steam from escaping
- Press MANUAL on the Instant Pot (LOW pressure)
- Set timer to 4 minutes
- Once the timer goes off, turn the vent on top of the lid to venting to release the steam (QR)
- Press CANCEL on the Instant Pot
- Carefully open the lid
- Use a clean serving spoon to serve and enjoy!
Serve with a side of roti, white rice, brown rice or quinoa.
White rice recipe: https://youtu.be/Xt5UNVbIydE
Brown rice recipe: https://youtu.be/dAPgcjxS1T0
Quinoa recipe: https://youtu.be/WTzaZP0BNtY
Vegan Variation: Substitute vegetable or lentils for the shrimp to make this a vegan recipe.
No Onion/ No Garlic: Not possible due to the pre-made sauce containing garlic and onions.