Most people are already aware of the many health benefits of quinoa. We spruced up our plain quinoa recipe to add even more nutrition by packing it with lots of colorful vegetables. This makes a filling main meal or even a wonderful side dish. If you’ve been hesitant about trying quinoa, this is a great way to start, with none of the hassle and all of the healthy goodness!
- 1 quantity of our Plain Quinoa recipe (see below for recipe link)
- 1 roma tomato
- ½ cup fresh chopped spinach
- ¼ cup frozen mixed vegetables
- ¼ bunch cilantro
- 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon jeera (cumin seeds)
- Turn on InstantPot to SAUTE mode
- Add oil and jeera (cumin)
- Add quinoa
- Add salt
- Mix well
- Add in spinach, tomatoes, mixed vegetables and cilantro
- Stir well to incorporate all ingredients
- Saute for 2 mins with glass lid to cover InstantPot
- Press CANCEL button on InstantPot to turn off
- Squeeze lime into the quinoa mixture
- Stir well
- Serve and enjoy!
Serve with yogurt on top of the quinoa
Add ginger, garlic, green chilies to spice up this dish after step 2
Add any variety of vegetables that you may want in this dish
NO ONION/NO GARLIC VARIATION: This recipe does not contain onions or garlic.
VEGAN VARIATION: This recipe is completely vegan!