If you tend to scramble when trying to figure out what to feed the vegetarians at your barbecue parties, we’ve got the perfect answer! We’ve put a twist on the traditional paneer marinade and come up with pesto paneer skewers. This flavor fusion will have all your guests coming back for seconds and asking for the recipe!
- Mixing bowl
- Cutting board
- Skewer basket
- BBQ Grill
- 14 oz block of fresh paneer cut into one inch cubes with slits on each side
- 6 tablespoons basil pesto
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced green chilies
- 2 tablespoons corn flour
- Red, Green, Yellow bell peppers cut into large chunks
- Red onion cut into large chunks
- Chaat masala to sprinkle on top
- Cut the cubes of paneer into one inch cubes and make slits on each side-set aside
- In a mixing bowl, combine the pesto, lemon juice, garlic, chilies and corn flour
- Mix well to incorporate all ingredients
- Add the paneer cubes to the marinade
- Allow to marinade in the refrigerator for a minimum of one hour up to maximum overnight
- Heat up your BBQ grill
- Assemble the skewers in the skewer basket by alternating paneer, bell peppers and onions
- Close the basket
- Place the basket on the grill
- Using an oven mitt rotate the basket on the grill every 3 minutes until all sides are cooked
- Using an oven mitt, remove the skewer baskets from the grill
- Carefully remove the cooked paneer and veggies and sprinkle with chaat masala
- Serve and enjoy!
You can serve these as an appetizer or as a main entree at your BBQ party.
You can also serve extra pesto on the side as a dipping sauce.
Serve with extra lemon wedges on the side.
You can use a different mix of vegetables on the skewers such as cherry tomatoes, fresh basil leaves, carrots, etc.
If you do not have skewer baskets, you can use regular metal skewers or soaked wooden skewers.
Use a vegan pesto and use tofu instead of paneer.