Quinoa (pronounced “keen-wa”) is a protein packed, gluten free, high fiber, quick cooking whole grain which has become a well known staple in the kitchen recently. This grain is so versatile that you can use it as a rice replacement, in salads, in soups or as an ingredient in any of your favorite dishes. It literally takes one minute in the InstantPot to get perfect, fluffy and nutty quinoa!
- 1 cup uncooked washed quinoa
- Pinch of salt (optional)
- 1.5 cups water or vegetable or chicken broth (per preference)
- Turn on Instant Pot to MANUAL mode
- Set to HIGH PRESSURE
- Add into the pot: quinoa, salt (optional) and your cooking liquid (water or broth)
- Stir well
- Set timer to 1 minute
- Place lid on pot and lock
- Turn vent on lid to CLOSE VENT
- The silver prong next to the vent will pop up once the pot is producing full steam.
- Once the timer goes off, allow the steam to release naturally for around 10 minutes
- The silver prong will drop down once the steam is fully released.
- Open the lid and serve the quinoa
Serve with your favorite entrees or enjoy as is:
Add into soup, salads, stir fries, etc.