When fall and winter approach, we tend to search for our favorite soup recipes to warm the soul. This vegetarian tortilla soup is one of our all time favorites. This soup is hearty, flavorful and healthy. We also love that we can customize it with our favorite toppings. Make this one ahead of time, store in jars and you’ll be ready to cozy up next to the fireplace with a steaming bowl of soup.
- Instant pot
- 32 oz vegetable broth
- 8 oz salsa verde
- 15 oz canned corn rinsed and drained
- 15 oz canned black beans rinsed and drained
- 15 oz canned pinto beans rinsed and drained
- 14.5 oz canned fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 mediumbell pepper diced
- 1 medium onion diced
- 2 tablespoonstomato paste
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ½ teaspooncumin powder
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- For garnish:
- Chopped cilantro
- Diced jalapenos
- Diced avocado
- Chopped green onions
- Shredded cheese
- Tortilla chips-crushed
- Add vegetable broth to the Instant Pot
- Add salsa verde
- Add corn, beans and tomatoes
- Add bell peppers and onions
- Add garlic, cumin, chili powder
- Add tomato paste
- Mix well to incorporate all ingredients
- Close and lock the lid on the Instant Pot
- Turn the vent to sealing to prevent steam from escaping
- Press MANUAL/PRESSURE COOK on the Instant Pot (HIGH pressure)
- Set timer to 15 minutes
- Once the timer goes off, allow steam to release naturally for 10 minutes (NR)
- Open the vent and allow any additional steam to release
- Press CANCEL on the Instant Pot
- Carefully open the lid
- Serve in a large bowl with your favorite toppings
Serve for lunch or dinner.
Serve for a party and allow guests to add their own toppings.
Use any mix of beans and vegetables.
Use any toppings/garnish you like.
If you want to add chicken, add rotisserie chicken after cooking and simmer for 5 minutes on saute mode.
This recipe is vegan. Use vegan cheese to top.