We all know kids love pasta, but unfortunately, we’re not dealing with the same situation when it comes to eating their veggies. With this quick, easy and nutritious one pot meal, both you and the kids will be a happy camper! This pasta dish is loaded with tons of veggies and even the pasta itself has veggies in it! The best part, your kids will never know!
- 1 12oz package of Wacky Mac Veggie Spirals Pasta
- 1 24oz jar of your favorite pasta sauce- I used Bertolli
- ¼ large onion diced
- 1 medium yellow squash chopped
- 1 roma tomato diced
- 1 large handful spinach chopped
- ½ medium bell pepper chopped
- 2 cups water/stock/broth- I used vegetable stock
- InstantPot should be OFF
- To the pot, add pasta, cooking liquid(stock), pasta sauce and vegetables
- Stir well to incorporate all ingredients
- Close InstantPot lid to lock it
- Turn vent on the lid to CLOSE VENT to prevent steam from escaping
- Set pot to MANUAL mode
- Set to HIGH PRESSURE
- Set timer to 4 minutes
- Once done allow the steam to release naturally (NPR) for 5 minutes minimum
- Now manually release the steam by opening the vent. The silver prong will drop back into the lid. BE CAREFUL OF THE HOT STEAM
- Open the lid and gently stir the pasta
- Press CANCEL/OFF button on InstantPot to turn off
- Serve and enjoy your Very Veggie Pasta!
Use any variety of vegetables you may want.
If you are making this just for adults and want to spice it up, add crushed red pepper or even cayenne before pressure cooking.
You can use regular pasta if you cannot find the vegetable pasta.
NO ONION/NO GARLIC/JAIN VARIATION: Use the No onion/ No garlic variation of the Marinara Sauce or a pasta sauce without garlic and onions. Omit the onions from the vegetables. Use different colored bell peppers and other vegetables.