Yogurt is an ingredient which is found in almost every household. Whether you eat it for breakfast, lunch, snack or dinner, it is a healthy and nutritious food. Making yogurt at home is not only cost effective but also ensures that you know exactly what you are feeding your family. The no boil method we use to make yogurt in the InstantPot is literally foolproof so give it a try-your family will thank you!
- 1.5 Liter carton of Fairlife brand milk (we used 2%)
- 1 heaping tablespoon of yogurt (we used regular Fage total)
- Pour the entire carton of milk into the InsantPot liner
- Add a heaping tablespoon of yogurt into the milk
- Stir well
- Close the InstantPot lid and lock
- Turn vent on the lid to CLOSE VENT to prevent air from escaping
- Press YOGURT button- Screen will show 8:00 (8 hours) **For more tart yogurt, set to 10 hours
- Open lid next morning or after timer goes off
- **OPTIONAL** You can strain your yogurt in a cheesecloth or strainer for thicker yogurt
- Refrigerate yogurt and use as desired
Use yogurt as a dessert, for breakfast or in any of your favorite recipes! Serve with nuts, fruits, berries, granola or whatever you please! You can also use this to make lassi, chaas, raita, and numerous other dishes.
As mentioned in the technique, you can strain your yogurt for a thicker consistency.
Mason Jars, Plastic containers, glass containers