White rice is such a staple ingredient for so many cuisines but we don’t always have the time to stand over the stove and wait for it to cook perfectly. This Instant Pot version gives you fluffy and aromatic rice in a matter of minutes to enjoy with your favorite recipes.
- 1 cup uncooked washed rice
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon ghee (clarified butter)
- 2 cups water
- Turn on Instant Pot to MANUAL mode
- Set to HIGH PRESSURE
- Add into the pot: rice, water, ghee and salt
- Stir well
- Set timer to 5 minutes (for thicker grained rice) or 3 minutes (for thin rice such as basmati)
- Place lid on pot and lock
- Turn vent on lid to CLOSE VENT
- The silver prong next to the vent will pop up once the pot is producing full steam.
- Once done, manually release the steam by opening the vent. (BE CAREFUL OF THE HOT STEAM)
- The silver prong will drop down once the steam is fully released.
- Open the lid and plate the rice in your serving dish.
Vegan Variation: omit ghee or use a plant based butter product.
Serve with your favorite entrees or enjoy as is!