Most people these days are familiar with the popular Taiwanese drink called Bubble Tea or Boba Tea. In most major cities, you will see Boba tea shops filled with adults, teens and kids. The sweet chewy tapioca pearls are dropped into your choice of floral, sweet or milky teas and sometimes even fruit slushes. We’ve finally mastered a way for you to save tons of money and make your favorite boba tea at home in less time than it would take to drive to your favorite tea shop!
- Add the dry boba pearls into the Instant Pot
- Add 2 cups water
- Close and lock the lid on the Instant Pot
- Turn the vent to sealing to prevent steam from escaping
- Turn on the Instant Pot to “PRESSURE COOK” mode (“MANUAL” for 6 and 8 qt pot)
- Set timer to 1 minute
- During this time, you can prepare your tea
- Once the timer goes off manually release the pressure by opening the vent
- BE CAREFUL OF THE HOT STEAM
- Press CANCEL on the Instant Pot
- Carefully open the lid
- Using mitts, remove the steel pot and drain the hot water from the boba into a strainer
- Place the strainer in a bowl of cold water
- Using a slotted spoon, place the desired amount of boba into your prepared tea
- Enjoy using your large boba tea straws!
If you will not be using all of the boba right away, make a sugar syrup and store the boba in it:
Dissolve ½ cup sugar and 2 teaspoons honey into 1 cup water. Add the boba to the syrup and store in an airtight container.
You may serve these boba pearls with regular tea, milk tea, juice or any beverages you wish.
NO ONION/NO GARLIC VARIATION
This recipe does not have any onions or garlic.
Use non dairy teas/beverages with the boba pearls.